There’s a letter in Belladonna with drops of blood on it. I made a first version of this letter, but was not happy with the result. The blood looked like red Photoshop brush strokes. A while back I played around with the thought of pricking my own finger to create a realistic blood effect.

That turned out to be easier said than done.

And then, yesterday, I cut myself on a can of tomatoes and while I, for lack of band-aids, improvised with toilet paper and duct tape I also made sure to take advantage of the accident.

Belladonna now features my own blood.

Sweat and tears to be implemented in the future.